Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Prepare Your Harvest

Why do we question God? 

Why do we wonder when is He going to do something for me?

We are entering the fall season of the year soon and harvest is almost done....

Did you plant anything? Were you able to pick fruits or vegetables or perhaps you raised livestock? How many chickens do you have that produce eggs?  

Well, you can only harvest if you put in the effort to gain a harvest. You have to feed the chickens, give hay to the cattle, plant and weed the garden. Even, keeping the weeds out of the flower bed!


Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

No matter what your service or what you do for the Lord, there is always great reward. Yet, still so many of us fail to recognize the awesomeness of our Lord's gift to ua. 

I am the first to say that I do not recognize some things until God reminds me of them.

For example, there was a time in my life that when I got close to anyone with a sniffle I would "catch" it. No matter what they had, flu, cold, cough, earache, virus..........you name it, I got it.

I got so bad that I did not want to go around people just in case they had something and just didn't know it yet. Honestly, I had way to many Dr. visits and paid out way too much in meds and office visits. 

Now I can't tell you exactly when this changed I just know it has. Susan has been sick several times that I did not catch it. Sinusitis, bronchitis, ear infection, the list goes on. So, recently I realized that I have not been as cautious as we are told to do. I have worn a mask some, when I had to. I have sanitized my hands or washed them after major public adventures. The most I have had to deal with is a runny nose sometimes. I promise you that no one but God has kept me, protected me and blessed me - keeping me from the Coronavirus/Covid19.

He keeps me calm, no fear of the possibles. No anxiety over what might come. Just read the Word of God and you will know we are closer every day to the coming of the Lord! Signs of the time is everywhere.... even in the midst of todays chaos the peace that surpasses all understanding fills and surrounds God's people.

If I were living in the "used to" part of my life, I would have already battled it. BUT GOD!!!!! And no one but God can do this.

It is like when I tried to quit smoking on my own, I got sick, terriby sick until I smoked another one. But when God delivered me from cigarettes, I never got sick, had no withdrawals and there was no doubt that God did it! Now let me say that what God did for me, HE WILL DO FOR YOU...if only thou canst believe.   

Mark 23  Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Prepare for your harvest. Recognize and praise the Lord for all He has done and will do. I am amazed at the goodness of God. 







No comments:

Featured Post

Stiffnecked People

  I awoke from sleep prophesying: My people stop the bickering, complaining, murmuring and arguing. This comes to me as a stench in my nos...