Thursday, September 24, 2020

Preparation

 

Matthew 25:1  Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.


PREPARATION  

Luke 10:38 ¶ Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

 39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.


Several years ago, I had a dream that I was one of many preparing food for a banquet (it was a spiritual banquet). I was chopping lettuce for the salad when I looked up and I was alone.  Wo i rushed to the banquet hall to see that everyone was laughing, talking, enjoying fellowship. They had already eaten and was just lanquishing around the table. I HAD MISSED THE BANQUET! My heart was sooo sad. I turned away in grief that I had missed the party while working for the banquet (Lord). Now isn't that about as bad as it gets? 

Today, the Lord reminded me of that dream and reminded me of the scripture about Mary & Martha. One was taking care of the body (things of this life); the other was taking care of Jesus (spiritual things).. 

I want to share an exerpt from Kim Potter's writingss.... In Joseph’s day there was a time of famine coming upon the land. The Lord had spoken it and there was no stopping what was coming. Yet, God gave Joseph divine insight on how to prepare. God gave the strategy needed to get through the coming season or one might say, the long journey ahead..The famine did come but were no effects of the famine for Joseph or his family.

Why? He listened to God and prepared for the bad days coming and the bad days didn’t affect him. That is God’s plan for us.

II believe God is shaking our nation. However, if we are IN CHRIST, filled with His Word and spending time with Him, that shaking does not have to rattle us. God gave Noah time to prepare. He gave Joseph time to prepare and I believe He has done the same thing for us. 


In my dream that I meantioned earlier, I was shaken, rattled even though I was preparing for the event, I was not prepared; not watchful or doing the "needful thing". I was more oncerned with making sure there was enough for the satisfaction of the body. Had I not been so wrapped up in cutting that lettuce, I would have heard the call to the table! Preparation spiritually is most important on this journey we are on. 
There is a big difference between  reading and STUDING scripture. We must study, obsorb the water of the Word of God like a sponge. 




No comments:

Featured Post

Stiffnecked People

  I awoke from sleep prophesying: My people stop the bickering, complaining, murmuring and arguing. This comes to me as a stench in my nos...