Saturday, May 23, 2020

Stiffnecked People

 I awoke from sleep prophesying:

My people stop the bickering, complaining, murmuring and arguing. This comes to me as a stench in my nostrils. You rebel against the instructions of my servant. I instruct him in my ways and you ignore it. I talk to hm revealing what I want done then you disrespect my instructions.

If you are not going to follow these instructions then go your way. You cannot be a leader in my kingdom if you will not follow first.

  I swallowed up thousands that would not listen and obey but constantly were rebellious and were not thankfully obedient.

God spoke the words Mount Horeb to me….so I looked it up.

Exodus 33:1  And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it:

 2 And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:

 3 Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way.

 4 And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments.

In many countries/tribes, “ornaments” tell who you are, where you are from, and/or what people/s you belong to. In this scripture the Israelites had to leave off their “ornaments” – who they were before God could or would deal with them. Today we must lose our self/self importance to allow God to be our all in all, our saviour! It is not who we are but who He is to us that matters most.

 5 For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

 6 And the children of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments by the mount Horeb.

 7 ¶ And Moses took the tabernacle, and pitched it without the camp, afar off from the camp, and called it the Tabernacle of the congregation. And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp.

They had to walk “through” something or someplace to get to the Tabernacle. What is your “walk through” today? Are you willing to go through to get to Jesus?

 8 And it came to pass, when Moses went out unto the tabernacle, that all the people rose up, and stood every man at his tent door, and looked after Moses, until he was gone into the tabernacle.

Had they not been obedient and lay aside their ornaments (self) God would have passed judgement/consumed them. He also said in His Word…

Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

 32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

 33 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

 

 

Evang. aNNA fUGATT




No comments:

Featured Post

Stiffnecked People

  I awoke from sleep prophesying: My people stop the bickering, complaining, murmuring and arguing. This comes to me as a stench in my nos...